aged star san

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yellowirenut

Reaction score
quick question..
My star san is about 3 years old and has been threw two winters in below zero temps and at least one summer in a storage locker (120+?) Would you use it or just toss it and buy new?

1/4 of a 32oz bottle.

Thanks for the input. will give it a go once i get time for a brew day.

I'm still using the original bottle I bought 10+ years ago (I mix up a batch and save it in a bucket, which basically lasts me forever). The printing on the bottle has all come off and the caps don't tighten down well, but the contents are good as new.

Can you use the same PH meter one uses for adjusting a mash's PH? What should be the PH of star-san?

The stuff lasts forever. I'm still using the same 32oz bottle I bought about 4 years ago. It's a little over half full (17oz).

StarSan is just food grade phosphoric acid with a foaming agent. Keep it out of direct sunlight and dont allow it to freeze and it should last years. Mixed, the pH should be below 3 to be effective.

Latest posts

Back