Aged Homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merc1

Reaction score
Greetings all. I recently moved with hopes of using a fridge in the basement of the new house that had been left behind to store my kegs. Right before I left the old house I transferred a batch of Belgian Honey to a keg for forced carbonation at the new house. Unfortunately, when I got to the new house the fridge required work before it could be used and the keg has been sitting at room temperature for about 3 months (fixing the fridge should have been higher on the priority list, I know!). Also, I had charged the keg with about 20 lbs of CO2 to fill the head-space (and purged the air) as soon as I realized the fridge was going to be a problem. Correct me if I am wrong, but I guess another positive factor here are the two natural preservatives... hops and honey.

Now that the fridge is finally fixed, I am ready to bring the beer down in temperature and force carbonate it. I guess the question is, what is the best and worst case scenario here? (i.e. could it be spoiled?)

Cheers!

Back