advice on beer kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary23

Reaction score
i am going to buy a new equment kit but all i have is 85 dollers to spare for that i was just wanting to know whats the best deal for my money

midwest has starter kits starting around $70, check them out.

i don't work for them, just love that they're MY LHBS, technically. it's a great place to shop, in store or online. great people, great prices.

i am going to buy a new equment kit but all i have is 85 dollers to spare for that i was just wanting to know whats the best deal for my money

I'm probably too new to voice an opinion. But that never stopped me before.

I've recently been tought that a secondary fermentor is not necessary. So maybe one of the kits without a carboy might get you in under $85.

That would be a fine equipment kit but for a couple of things. First, it takes the entire $85 just for the kit and second, many of us have quit using a carboy or any other secondary so you will have paid for a carboy that you will seldom use most likely. I have this kit.

https://bellsbeer.com/store/products/Basic-Brewer's-Best®-Beer-Brewing-Equipment-Kit.html

It cost less, enough less to almost buy another recipe kit and it contains all you really need for starting out. It's pretty easy to add to this kit if you decide you need to. I've added a carboy (that I've used 4 times in 3+ years, mostly it sits empty taking up space), an autosiphon, and 2 more fermenting buckets so I can brew more than one beer at a time.

thankss for all ur help i bought the deluxe kit i figured i could use the plastic carboy for making wine bc i all ready have one fermenter here at the house that will still leave the two ale pales for two step fermation one for primary and one for a secoundary and use the fermenter i got now with the better bottle and use those for wine etc and the outher for beer

Back