Advice on a graff?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorneuron

Reaction score
Hey guys--

I found out that the delicious (nonfermented) cider I've been getting from my local farmers market is actually nonpasteurized, which I understand is the best kind to use for fermentation. So I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on making a graff, which I understand to be somewhere between cider and beer. Or, for that matter, any recipes that use just a touch of apple juice. I don't think I'm ready to go 100%, that is, a real cider. But I was wondering how 50/50 or even 90% malt/10% cider beverages turn out, if anybody has experience.

Thanks!

I like making about a gallon of high gravity wort (1.080-1.100) with low ibus (40 or so) and adding that to 4 gallons of cider with a beer yeast. I use a very basic malt bill (2-row, c15, c40) and only a 60 minute hop addition.

This turns into pretty much my idea of a good cider. Appley but not tart or too wine-like.

Back