adventures in brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unionrdr

Homebrewer, author & air gun collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Damn,just when you think things are smoothing out finally. 2 weeks ago Sunday I got my Burton ale recipe going. 3-4 days blow off,switch to airlock,holding pressure. Cool,all's well. Come up to last Wednesday,my wife brews her second,the SA Summer ale clone I came up with from a lil research. She brewed it perfectly,not a hitch. & that pound of plain wheat malt made one whale of a hot break,good 2-3 minutes of "Thar she blows"! But it's all good. Chilled down topped off,etc by 7:42pm.
The next evening,we're having beers & shots while watching videos & we here God pop another one. A loud,hard POP! We look to our right simultaneously to see 3/4's of the lid blown upward under the tee shirt covering it. So,being the Gentleman I am (read sucker here),I clean it up & tack it down again. We soldier on,then fish sandwiches & cheese with tater salad & a movie upstairs in the ol' sitting room.
I decide I can't sleep by about 3am,so I get dressed & head downstairs. computer room/mancave lights are off,no one on the comp...hold on a tick...power strip light's off! "hey you motherreaows,WTF did you motherreaows do to this motherreaow this time"? "Idk dad,I was tryin to get back on the internet,& the motherreaow wouldn't freaowin do it"! It's 3:00 in the a of m...tell me again how I need this shizz. God dam'med son of beach...
Ok,I do everything I can think of to fix it. Speed things up a might,but no luck with modem function. And me with no car yet since body shop guy decides a few insurance jobs need to get done 1st that came in after me. This after my parts came in 1st as well. BACHT!! I get a hold of my older son who moved out recently to take me over their.
So we got down there,over at the Lorain Time Warner office to get another one. They tell me I have to take it back home & wait for the supervisor to get their,since this will be the 2nd modem in as many weeks. #5 total in some 10 years.
That after stopping at the food bank for a very little assistance for my broke,arthritic,middle-aged a$$. My son was already hacked,getting dragged off to help his family on his day off...
So,he decides to take me to the brand new liquor store in the Drug Mart plaza near the corner of Detroit & abbe (srt's 254 & 301) to peruse their bill of fare for the 1st time. I decide on the Little Kings I haven't seen locally in a coon's age,& a 6'r of harpoon IPA. I get back to the barn with my rather sizable haul. The wife comes downstairs to scope out what I've drug home for the near futures' festivities. She,for some reason,decides to ***** about "how come you never bring back what I like"? " Zip it,ho'! I don't want that fruity freawin creaow you pick out"!@#&*#$%@!!! But she doesn't say that when the older boys fetch back something I like that she'll drink. After all I've been through the last couple weeks I go out & spend MY money & time to take care of business,mentor her & help after her 2nd brew day.& ...whodawhatthefreaow?
So,the cable comptech calls finally shoes up. He gets a new modem out after watchin my modems new dance of the fireflies. I tried to tell mz know it all at the cable office that it did it,not me,& here's why routine. B-E-A-utiful. But,at least I'm back on the net to take care of business While I wait for the not so cold beers to get back down to the 45-47F I've got the fridge set for. Good ol' digital controls. What a freakin time it's been...I need a shot & a beer. This sermon is ended,go in peace.

Back