Adieu All Grain Masters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BARBQ

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I made three batches and they all taste like crap. I followed recipes off of here that people had luck with. I am gonna go back to Extract for now. I might even go as far back to kits just to see what i am doing wrong. I used to make kits and extract with bottles and it always turned good. I guess you cant bump up to all grain and kegging at the same time? To much for me anyways.

Drinking Ed Worts Applewein now as the only thing ive made so far that i havent screwed up. I kegged it and carbed it and it taste so good with the carb. Is it to weird to make cheap wine and keg?

not giving up totally. Just dialing back to extract/kits to see if i am doing somehting wrong with keggin or something else. Process of elimination. Thanks for caring though.

Only three things i love in life, Beer, Outdoors and BBQ so i am not going anywhere.

Kind of a weird mix though. I tought of throwing the last batch out red rye ale out, but instead i mixed it with ed worts applewein and it tasted pretty good almost chimayish. I might mix both cornys together and get some goodness.

not giving up totally. Just dialing back to extract/kits to see if i am doing somehting wrong with keggin or something else. Process of elimination. Thanks for caring though.

Only three things i love in life, Beer, Outdoors and BBQ so i am not going anywhere.

Kind of a weird mix though. I tought of throwing the last batch out red rye ale out, but instead i mixed it with ed worts applewein and it tasted pretty good almost chimayish. I might mix both cornys together and get some goodness.

So have you visited the Meat, Meat, and more Meat part of this forum?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f172/

P2200042.JPG

Just thinking out loud ... are you making starters? Wort aeration on a full boil is one of those things that gets harder when you go AG. Could be a fermentation issue that has little to do with AG.

Another potential issue could be something like mash pH. Tried 5.2?

Mostly just trying to egg you on ...

+1 to having an AG buddy. It will change everything.

I'm an AG noob, but a buddy came over and supervised the first batch and everything went smooth. IN FACT, I'm having a glass of it right now. I have done a few now, and AG is no big deal, and I'm just refining technique and trying to better my efficiency. I even made a Parti-Gyle last time....can you say Free Beer?????

Latest posts

Back