Adding Seedling Mat To Fermentation Chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Page

Reaction score
Getting a seedling mat like this to add to my fermentation chamber for heat.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P7U259C/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Where would you guys put it? My chamber is just a mini fridge with a STC-1000. I am considering putting it directly under the fermenter to heat the wort? Do you think this a bad call? Or should I put it up-against a wall to heat the ambient temp.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think you can use it just like a fermwrap and wrap it around your vessel. This would give a more even distribution of you heat source. I secure my fermwrap with painters tape.

Mine is wrapped around the fermentor with a big bungee cord.

So you have something similar? I'm just worried it will heat the wort closest to the walls or bottom to fast and cause over heating in specific areas of the wort. Any experience with this?

That hasn't been an issue at all. The seeding mat is very low power and doesn't create that much heat in the short time that it is on.

That hasn't been an issue at all. The seeding mat is very low power and doesn't create that much heat in the short time that it is on.

Great thanks. That's what I needed to know.

Back