Adding digital thermometers to hlt and mt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shmeffrey

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am currently building my propane single tier all grain system with 20 Gallon kettles and direct fire MT. I want to do 6 and 12 gallon batches. For a 6 gallon batch the thermometers on the kettles will be too high, so I want to add remote digital read out thermometers next to my manual gas manifold. I see lots of options for PID's but since I'm not automating anything this is not needed. What are my options for a clean looking thermometer that I can install on a control panel that would look like a PID?

I was also considering adding a thermometer inline with my pumps since they will circulate during mashing, but this is boring... I'm going to be getting a stainless cover made up with the brewery name, pump switches and gas manifold mounted on it, so I think it would be awesome to have temperature read outs on it too.

I think I might just add two PID's with temperature probes on t-fittings at the outlet valves like the electric brewery. Its kinda of an expensive way to add a digital thermometer but it will be ready to automate the gas in the future.

Latest posts

Back