Adding brett-c to a beer that stalled at 1.035

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TandemTails

Reaction score
I have a basic saison grain bill fermenting with Wyeast 3724. It hit the dreaded stall wall at around 1.038. I've had it sitting at 90'F for 2 weeks and it's only dropped to 1.035.

My plan was to ferment it down to 1.008 or so and then rack it onto some brett-c for a few months of aging.

I need to free up the fermenter and fermentation chamber so I can get another beer started. I was wondering if I'd have any negative effects by adding brett-c at a much higher SG than I had originally wanted.

I ramped the temp up to 95 last night and will probably let it go for at least another 4-5 days just to see if i can get it down some more. I don't plan on brewing for another 7 days, so i have a little time before I desperately need the space.

Awesome, good to know. The 3724 is chugging along nicely now that I bumped it up to 95'F. I'll give it a few more days and then rack onto the brett-c this weekend. Thanks!

Back