Adding Berry Flavors to Wheat Beer in the Glass?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint Yeastwood

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, I have a cloudy, lemony wheat beer in the keg. Now I'm thinking about things to do with it.

I have tried and enjoyed a raspberry lambic, so I know fruity beers exist, and I know some people add flavorings to wheat beer post-brewing. What if I wanted to play around with raspberry or strawberry or cherry flavorings now? Is there a time-tested way to do this? I have never added any kind of flavoring to a brewed beer, but I think it would work really well with this brew. I can't imagine throwing stuff in a barley beer, but wheat seems suited to it.

Get a high quality flavoring. Cheaper ones will taste cheap and artificial. Use an eyedropper to add a single drop to your glass and then taste it. Not enough? Add another drop. A little goes a long ways and it is really hard to take some out if you add too much.

This is a great approach to accomplish what you want to do. I keep it cold in the cooler and add it first and pour on top. Cheers
download (14).jpeg

Back