Adding Adjuncts to Already Aged Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ztup

Reaction score
I brewed a Russian Imperial Stout back in early February that has already aged in secondary for about 3 months. I can't remember it's exact ABV when it was moved to secondary at this point but it was somewhere in the 9-11% range I believe. At this point I was considering adding to or racking it on top of Raspberries and Cacao Nibs, and aging it some more in secondary. Is this a good or bad idea at this point? Should I just add to it, or should I re-rack on top of the adjuncts? Thanks for the help!

Presumably the first racking left the trub and most of the yeast behind, so the value of another racking is totally diminished imo, especially at the risk of contamination, having to flush the head-space with CO2, etc.

Just dump the fruit in - after sanitizing it somehow - along with the nibs (which I'd first soak in spirits for a few days, myself)...

Cheers!

Back