Added fruit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMH

Reaction score
So last night me and the old lady were up till 1:30 am prepping fruit and racking our first mead attempt over the fruit ( already had been transferred from primary to secondary, been in secondary for about a month to finish out fermenting). Looks and smells pretty good now. Let me know what you guys think, and opinions. Any one have an idea how long the mead should be left on the fruit before racking it for clearing?

here be some pics
575576_10151006402744605_868456786_n.jpg
[/IMG]

looks excellent.

As for how long ?

I'd just leave them all alone until the fruit has sunk on the last one. If you didn't stabilise the parent batch, there could be some additional fermentation going on too.

The sinking fruit is just a guide for a minimum. I'd just leave it alone for at least a couple of months. It's ageing as well as absorbing the fruit flavour/colour etc......

I'm pretty sure its done fermenting as of now. It seems some of the fruit is tending to stay towards the bottom (mostly the cherries, and it seems a few of the oranges in one of the batches as well), i'm guessing that won't really hurt it.

So leaving it on the fruit for a few months won't hurt it? Wasn't sure if it would hurt it being on the fruit that long or not. Appreciate your help, they all smell really good, and one of them isa rendition of the harvest mind crusher recipe that was posted not to long ago, and it smells really good to.

Back