Added dry hops to early?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eager_brewer

Face down on the floor
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I am making a DFH 90min IPA that I have made before. I had it in my fermentation box for about 8 days and it looked like it was done so I moved it into my secondary and added the dry hops. Today 7 days later, I went to bottle it and I see I still have active feremtation. About 1/2 inch of krausen and it is pushing air out the airlock. So what do I do know? Let is sit for a few days until it is done and bottle it or transfer it off the dry hops and let it sit in thirdary? I just don't want to much hop flavor from the secondary hops as it is not for myself it is for a friend. Any thoughts?

Thank you,
Tom

You're just going to have to wait until it finishes fermenting and then make that call. If it stops in a couple days, then you can probably bottle as planned. If it takes a lot longer, you might need to rack off the hops, though in general I vote for not transferring again.

Just wait it out for now. And don't forget to take that gravity reading when you think a beer is done! :D

Back