Acoma from AZ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acoma

Reaction score
Just dropped over 250 bucks for an intermediate kit w/ 2 glass carboys and an Imperial Stout and Superior Strong Ale kit from Midwest Supplies. Wish they would have thrown in a wine thief or some hop bags for all that dough. But all in all that is nothing compared to some of my other hobbies. And I can't wait to brew up my first batch.

My buddy Mr Cold Ones on here has been talking me up on the home brew down low for quite a while and I finally decided to get in on all the fun. Like most guys on here I got sick of always drinking watery tasting BLs and other garbage and started to branch out. At first I took a real liking to New Castle and then I graduated from that to Dog Fish, then to Stone and it just started to spread like wild fire. How I wish I saved all those cool bottles I've been trashing all this time. If I dont have to drink another yellow fizzy beer for the rest of my life it will be too soon. After a recent trip to Denver to visit my buddy MrColdOnes and checking out the local brew seen I have decided to try to make some myself.

I have read the entire How to Brew book online by Palmer as well as been reading tons of info on this site incuding all the beginner stickies and what not. I am an avid super bike rider and also on gsxr.com so I'm not new to this kind of platform and wont be wasting anyones time with a bunch of dipstick questions that have been asked four thousand times and I can research for myself. However, I do believe in my abilities and like to take risks so I probably won't take the easy safe route all the time.

I started riding on a 750 gsxr against all the 250 beginner recommendations and have never had a single spill in over 3 years. I read a few books and took the riding class and prepared myself the same as I will with this hobby. After doing some research I plan on jumping right in. Hence the reason I bought two kits from the jump. With some skills in the kitchen and all of the insight on this forum I feel more than confident in becoming a great brewer.

So a little about myself. I am reigning in from AZ born and raised. Just had my first son who will be 3 mos this week. He is the coolest thing I have ever seen. It is really exciting when I look at him to think he gets a brand new start on life and can do anything. He eats like a machine and laughs all the time. He is most fascinated with our ceiling fans and will crack up just staring at them. He is also completely in love with my wife and I dont stand a chance in competing with him. I can only hope she doesnt forget about me. I've been riding for a few years and grew up around Harleys all my life. My goal is to own one some day but Im still waiting for when I have an extra 20 gs laying around. I have a grip of hobbies, not sure how I even have time for all of them. I'm into bikes, guns, gaming, gardening, weights, cooking and reading. In some ways Im just an older kid but I guess we all kind of are. I just beat Red Dead Redemption. Awesome game if any of you play. I also grow my own chiles and herbs. I think this will come in handy when I start growing hops. I am currently reading my son The Indian in the Cupboard but his favorite book is Green Eggs and Ham. Something about all the ryhming and Sam I ams that lights his face up. I am currently reading myself The Count of Monte Cristo but its been a slow one since I've been doing all my home brew research.

Thats some of my background if anyone out there is still reading. Looking forward to getting my kits in the mail soon and will put up a post on how my first brew day goes. Acoma out. :mug:

Welcome! I hope to see you around at a few of the local brewouts! and congrats on your happy little guy (my godson is a little grump). and best of luck on the brewing, you will do fine, if there are questions that pop up that you cannot locate an answer to, ask away!!

Thanks AZSCOOB! I love that quote. I just clicked on your link. Those are some sweet shirts.

Back