Ack! My new tap handles won't fit!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beertroll

Reaction score
One of my Yule gifts was a set of chalkboard tap handles. Unfortunately, the faucets on my tower are too close together to accommodate them. It's not even close; even if I leave the middle off, the two end handles still smack into each other. Does anyone know of any clever gadgetry that might solve my problem short of replacing the tower or giving up on the handles?

This is the tower I have:
3_tap_tower_w_perlick__48256.1322765102.1280.1280.jpg

And these are the handles I got:
Tap-Board.jpg

I had the same issue with the exact same setup. If you use 2 chalkboard handles on the outboard taps it works fine. Just rotate the chalkboard handles about 45 degrees away from each other then tighten the nuts. You can still even fit a normal black handle on the center. Iv also seen a few retailers that sell skinny chalkboard handles.

I have a 2 faucet tower with those chalkboard handles. What I do is rotate them a little (as you're facing them left side clockwise, right side counterclockwise). Neither is facing forward, they each kind of face 45 degrees from the front of the fridge. You could probably do that with the outside handles and leave the center one as a small standard plastic handle. Otherwise you'd have to fabricate some weird looking extender for the center handle.

Its not going to be pretty but you can always turn the faucts away from eachother. Sorry bud! I know how it is when you have this awesome picture in your head of what it should look like and when you put it together it does not go the way you want.

I ended up ordering a set of shanks and tailpieces. I'm going to build an insulated box on top of my kegerator and mount the taps on that. It'll give me room for longer beer lines (I currently have trouble squeezing 5 ft of line in the kegerator when all my kegs are in there), and give me a spot to mount my temp controller.

On a related note, I'll probably be looking to unload a stainless steel tower (no faucets) shortly.

Back