Accidentally used saniclean at half dilution. Will I be OK?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bisco_Ben

Reaction score
So I was using saniclean for the first time today and sanitized my clean stainless conical and brew hoses with it. Everything had been PBW'd the day before so definitely clean. I forgot it is half as strong as starsan so I only used half an oz per 3 gallons instead of the full oz. The conical and hosing had at least 15-20 minutes of CIP and contact time before being filled. Do you think my beer is going to end up infected or am I still safe at half dilution?

I think you will be fine....unless perhaps this is a low gravity beer that you intend to cellar for a long period of time.

Ferment carbonate and store cold most infections don't have a chance to get ahead.

Rdwhahb

It got an immediate and healthy pitch of yeast and the sanitizer still foamed up a bit so I'm hopeful but still a little worried. The beer will be kegged within 3 weeks and kept cold the whole time after as well.

Latest posts

Back