Accidentally fermented only 4 gallons

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triocd

Reaction score
Made Northern Brewer's Petite Saison extract a couple weeks ago, and as I'm getting ready for bottling night I realize I topped up to only 4 gallons instead of 5. Should I bottle as is for a higher alcohol beer or should I add a gallon of water to get back on track?

OG is supposed to be 1.041, but since I was rushing brew night I didn't take a gravity reading and would've noticed the error. I have no idea what the OG actually was...I could calculate what it probably was, but it couldn't be that high.

Just go with it and learn from your mistake, remember your hydrometer reading in the future

You need to answer the most important question first: How's it taste?

If its good, don't mess with it. If its too heavy, you could add some extra water to your priming solution and rack onto it to avoid oxidizing when you top it off some.

I noticed that I failed to top off an amber ale and I just added extra water to my priming solution. It seems to have worked fine.

Latest posts

Back