AC Chiller Wort Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mstevens

Reaction score
All.. I wanted to share what I am doing to maximize my AC chiller usage as well as solve the issue with using water in the garage in the winter months. Basically I have setup my AC chiller to drive the coils in my CF10 for chilling as well as the ability to drive cold glycol into my plate chiller to cool wort after the boil kettle. I installed a manifold on the cooler revisor that allows me to control the direction of the flow from the pump. I then can drive glycol to the coils in the conical or into the plate chiller when needed.
IMG_20191230_123141.jpg
IMG_20191230_123148.jpg

I forgot to mention, the fitting on right side of the larger manifold is an air fitting. I added this so I can purge all of the lines into the reservoir if I need to repair the system.

Looks good, I do something similar but still use an immersion to get it down to ~110 with ground water. My glycol reservoir is only about 7 gallons so to cool a 10g batch from 210 would require some run time on the ac.

I whirlpool first, run it into tbe plate and return it to the kettle until I get the cold break. I then run directly to the conical from the plate with flow control to keep the temps at pitching rate.

Attachments

• IMG_20191230_130904.jpg
    IMG_20191230_130904.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 40
Back