Abv%

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigskooter

Reaction score
Brewed an extract kit with a light ale on Saturday. Fermentation is right on at this point but the ABV is low with this recipe. What can I do to up the ABV at this point. Am I too late??? Input please!!!!

You know at this point I'm not sure what you could do to get more ABV without sacrificing taste, if that. I think you're gonna have to leave it be. I would rather worry about letting it carb, and condition in the bottle and worry about ABV on the next go around.

You know at this point I'm not sure what you could do to get more ABV without sacrificing taste, if that. I think you're gonna have to leave it be. I would rather worry about letting it ferment, carb, and condition in the bottle to get good tasting beer and worry about ABV on the next go around.

How do you know the ABV is low? Extract kits will always hit the ABV that they should if you have accurate volumes.

Back