A419 controller issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danveronie

Reaction score
I’ve searched for threads with this topic but haven’t found one with what I’ve got. Keezer setup, A419 temp controller had worked fine for the past few years, SP 38, dif 4deg. I haven’t had a keg for a few months so I turned the freezer off to save energy. Grabbed one last week and turned the freezer back on high. Controller is set at 38 but the keezer won’t go below 52. Freezer is constantly on. It never shuts off because it never gets cold enough. Probe problem? Or freezer problem? It’s only 5 years old, it better not be bad already. 52deg beer is not optimal. Please help with any thoughts, thanks.

If your keezer never gets below 52 and never shuts off then I would say something is up with the freezer. Do you have frost buildup on the inside walls? If so then it's your probe. I know on my keezer, I get some frost build up when my unit kicks on since it runs for about 45 min at a time.
Try unplugging the unit and let it rest for a few minutes then re-plug and see if that works. Try cleaning your probe if it's been submerged in liquid.
Hopefully it's not your keezer and it's a simple fix.

Thanks for the input. Yes I’ve got frost in one of the upper corners. It was a huge build up before I shut it down and defrosted while I didn’t have beer for a few months. Frost came back within 2-3 days. I was considering getting a smaller keezer in the future anyway, I only keep a max of two sixtels at a time, but I didn’t want to be forced to buy one already.

Back