A white girl served me my sushi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been to tons of sushi places in the US. And I've been to sushi places in Tokyo. the one thing I have learned.... Sushi places in the US are run by the Chinese. At least around Boston.

As long as the fish is fresh and the sake is good, I'm game.

the one thing I have learned.... Sushi places in the US are run by the Chinese. At least around Boston.

Same here for the most part. But there are some very good Japanese places around for those who look for them. We just discovered a small place about a mile from my house that is slightly expensive for the area, but well worth it and owned and run by a Japanese chef.

All the sushi I've ever gotten at my Kroger's Surpermarkets have all been made by ASIANS.

That's all they hire, at least in the four Kroger's I've picked it up in.

SO if that's your main criteria, then I guess Kroger's Sushi is pretty authentic then, even more so than the Op's, eh? ;)

:D

So...do you take pictures of every employee that makes your food? :D

And the ones who "serve" me too.

nyotaimori.jpg

;)

I've been to tons of sushi places in the US. And I've been to sushi places in Tokyo. the one thing I have learned.... Sushi places in the US are run by the Chinese. At least around Boston.

As long as the fish is fresh and the sake is good, I'm game.

Uh, what? There are plenty of sushi places around here run by Japanese. There are plenty run by Chinese or Korean, too, but it's really obvious which are which generally speaking. If there is no Japanese on the menu, or is messed up, probably not run by Japanese people.

I am willing to bet you can find good Japanese-made sushi in Boston since it is the host of the largest English-Japanese bilingual career expo every year.

Uh, what? There are plenty of sushi places around here run by Japanese. There are plenty run by Chinese or Korean, too, but it's really obvious which are which generally speaking. If there is no Japanese on the menu, or is messed up, probably not run by Japanese people.

I am willing to bet you can find good Japanese-made sushi in Boston since it is the host of the largest English-Japanese bilingual career expo every year.

ive been a sushi chef/manager for years, worked with thai's, koreans, chinese and japanese.

its not some magical stuff only the japanese can do.

they all make it good or bad and thier race has nothing to do with it

No, but it might make you stupid if it is good. :)

I always do a double take when I go to sushi places that have non-Asian (mostly Hispanic) people preparing the sushi. They are usually next to an older Asian guy, but I do a double take.

Best Sushi i had in Seattle was at an All you can Eat sushi place that had a crew that was mostly Hispanic, the only Asians i seen were waiters,cashiers and the people doing the Soba noodles and Miso. I dont care who makes it, if it is awesome sushi its awesome sushi!

This is all reminding me of the Boston Legal episode where the little black girl tried out for Annie and didn't get the part so her mother sued.

Reminds me of a joke ...
A man walks into a store and says to the shop help "excuse me, where are your Irish Sausages?"
Store help says : "are you Irish?"
Customer : "Yes, but why did you ask me that ? If I had asked for Brakwurst would you have asked me if I was German ? Or if I asked for Tacos would you have asked me if I was Mexican?"
Store help : "No"
Customer : " Then why did you ask me if Im Irish ?"
Store help :" Because you're in Builders Warehouse".

You guys are aware that there are fundamental differences between Korean sushi and Japanese sushi, correct? Ingredients, shape, size, etc. are quite different in "authentic" places.

Who cares, though, as long as the food is good.

To answer a question someone asked before, McD's in Asia (at least every one I've been in) employ locals. The legal circle jerk of employing foreigners isn't worth it for such menial labor.

ive been a sushi chef/manager for years, worked with thai's, koreans, chinese and japanese.

its not some magical stuff only the japanese can do.

they all make it good or bad and thier race has nothing to do with it

I wasn't implying otherwise. I was simply responding to the post that claimed "all sushi places in the US are run by Chinese".

You want "authentic" then go to the country of origin and even then you may not be getting "authentic". My suggestion: worry more about the quality of the food you're eating, rather than the trappings.

But I'm paying for those trappings. That's the entire reason for going out to eat. I can prepare quality food myself at home.

And the ones who "serve" me too.

nyotaimori.jpg

;)

Sorry but she look half white half asian, that no count! Plus she's half naked?:p n Very american to be half naked.Probably more so with a hot dog in her mouth. woops!

It would be kind of fun to just yank that tooth out then say " What!?"

Being unhappy with the change is understandable, but other than that it's not much different than complaining that you were handed your taco bell order by a Lithuanian.

Gotta love southern California. As someone who has enough Japanese relatives to relate, you can pretty much tell the difference between chefs who know what they're doing and people who have been trained to prepare the same dishes.

Gotta love southern California. As someone who has enough Japanese relatives to relate, you can pretty much tell the difference between chefs who know what they're doing and people who have been trained to prepare the same dishes.

+1. Heinen's food store (upper class grocery around here) had a real,Japanese/trained sushi chef for years. He,my wife & I became friends to the point where he'd have us try a new one he came up with to see what we thought. Even our kids love sushi from him.
Now,this young lady who's trained to do it (non Asian) makes it. She's not as friendly either. Haven't been back in a while. It's just not the same...

Latest posts

Back