My wife is awesome!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewdad

Reaction score
My wife is out today with her mother; the occasion being a birthday lunch and a shopping trip for the girls. However, she stopped into World Market for the purpose of putting together a mixed six pack for me.

Here is what she is bringing home:

Chimay Grande Reserve (blue)
Chimay Premiere (red)
Chimay Tripel (white)
Delirium Nocturnum
Red Brick Brown Ale
Truck Stop Honey Brown

The only one of these I have ever tried is the Chimay blue (which happens to be my all time favorite beer). My favorte beers are brown and Belgian ales, and all of these (save the Truck Stop) have superb reputations.

Truck Stop is pretty local to me, so I wanted to give it a shot.

Needless to say, I'm pretty pumped.

Great to have a wife like that. Nice haul.

My wife used to bring back Chimay Blue in her suitcase 20 years ago, from Europe when it not widely available here. She also bought the equipment kit to get me started brewing.

Here is to supportive wives....Cheers.

You know, my wife got me started in brewing as well. She got me a couple of books on the subject for a Christmas present, and said she thought I might enjoy it. Having now spent about $1200.00 on homebrew equipment, she may be having second thoughts, but still, she is very encouraging and supportive. Last year for Christmas she bought an impressive array of very nice beers for us to enjoy. I could have done a lot worse. So again, here's to supportive wives:mug:

My wife also bought me some brewing stuff for Christmas. She even took interest in learning to brew & bottle. Here's to supportive wives.
! :mug:

I tried the Truck Stop last night. It was... interesting. Big honey aroma, odd honeyish taste. Glad I tried it, but I probably won't buy it again.

Tongiht will be either one of the Chimays that are new to me, or the Delirium.

I tried the Truck Stop last night. It was... interesting. Big honey aroma, odd honeyish taste. Glad I tried it, but I probably won't buy it again.

Tongiht will be either one of the Chimays that are new to me, or the Delirium.

Their porter is decent and I really like the Naked Pig Pale Ale. However, at $10+ a 6 pack I'm going to buy some $7.99 Two Hearted Ale, Sweetwater IPA or $8.49 Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale (seasonal) instead. I do like to stop by the taproom if it's on the way home from work though and get a $4 pint served by some very beautiful ladies! :)

Great lady you have there, homebrewdad! And kudos to you for referring to her as your wife, and NOT "SWMBO"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers to great wives! Mine got me 2 perlick taps for Christmas. And check this out: today she suggested that we build me a brew shed in the backyard! Woohoo! I need more space for my brewery.

Great to have a wife like that. Nice haul.
a18
k3

Back