A Turning Point!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PirateBrewer

Reaction score
Ah, feeling good about life right now! I feel like this weekend was a real turning point in brewing for me. So many things I did differently than normal and I feel like it's a new beginning for me. This weekend I:

• Switched to partial mashes and find them to be so much more enjoyable than just brewing extract & steeping grains...definitely not as scary as they sounds (All grain, I'm coming for you next!)
  • Brewed 10 gallons in two days (total 15 gals in 2011)...meanwhile in 2010 I brewed 15 gallons in a span of 6 months
  • Started using late extract addition to get better hop utilization and lighter beers

I feel like I'm way more excited and into brewing doing partial mashes because it's a tad more in depth and I have to pay closer attention. In any case, I feel like only now am I fully engorged in the obsession! :ban:

Congrats. I know just how u feel That is the stage i just arrived at this year as well. Just need a little more gear then ag here i came as well. Its a great feeling.

If you thought the switch to partial mashes wasn't scary, don't worry about all grain. This is especially true if you try BIAB first. I jumped from extract with steeping grains right into BIAB and it was a piece of cake. I now wonder why I didn't make the jump sooner!

Congrats on jumping in a bit further. As I became more involved in the science and technique of brewing, I found I brewed more frequently too.

Thanks! I'm sure I'll do a few more partial mash batches while I gather up some more equipment for all grain but I'm totally pumped to make that jump!

Back