A picture’s worth a thousand words.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StanJohnson

Reaction score
Instead of typing in my recipe, I figured I’d post some screens shots from Brewtarget of my recipe. It is tailored after the “walkthrough” 5 gallon Amber Ale recipe in the Brewtarget manual. I made my own equipment list because I do BIAB using a 3 gallon drinking water cooler as my mash tun. I add both strike and sparge water when I mash. I used the Mash Designer feature instead of the Mash Wizard for that. What you don’t see is the yeast. I plan on rehydrating a packet of Nottingham for that. I tried to scale it to 2 gallons, but the numbers, OG, SG, ect, didn’t come out right, so I made some adjust so that they were all in the green for style. I added the chocolate malt which wasn’t in the original recipe, for color.

Please take a look at this and let me know what you think, critiques, comments, suggestions, etc.

Click on the thumbnails for a lager pic.

It is a little difficult to read, but the ratios of the grains look about right, from the top of my head.

Try these.

amberale.jpg

By stanjohnson at 2012-04-20

amberale2.jpg

amberale3.jpg

amberale4jpg.jpg

boiling point of water is 212.000 F so the water is 100.000 % pure and the pressure is 1.000 atmospheres

I like the yield is 79.000, it would be just terrible if it were only 78.999

That's what I was thinking. This program is pretty darn precise. Nobody needs thousandths of anything in brewing.

"Add .012 tsp of Irish moss and boil for 15.037 minutes"

Back