A little help from the SUN!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewmoor

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A little background. My friends and I go to a concert festival called Rock Jam in western Colorado. Last year I bought a 24' diameter surplus parachute and we put a 18 foot pole in the center. It made the perfect sun tent for our camp site.

Well this year I decided that the tent needs air conditioning. I am going to pump ice water out of our coolers, up some landscape tubing and use fogger heads to spray a mist over the tent. I have 12v pump with 4 UPS batteries in a box. I just acquired two solar panels which will be used to keep the batteries charged. It should be pretty cool.

So Yesterday during my brew I decided to use the rig to pump water through my immersion chiller. It worked really well.

IMG_0932.JPG

IMG_09311.JPG

IMG_0929.JPG

Here is an extra picture too..... Not related, but beer related. This is a sneak peak at my new brewery project.

IMG_0926.JPG

all i can say is that I am loving those 55 gallon SS drums. start a thread on that build, I wanna see that finished product.

That build is in the making. I will probably start a build thread in the next few weeks. It is going to go fast. It is going to be for a taproom I am opening in town. We are moving fast on it so I should have some content soon.

Isn't that pretty much right next door to the Brush Creek? Are you going to have food as well? When will you/did you start on your TTB licensing process? Or are you waiting until your equipment is in place?

Since we lived in the Valley for a long time and are now moving back to Denver (we'll be alot closer) we'll be up there quite a bit staying w friends, esp once the snow starts flying....can't wait to come check your place out.

Good Luck

Thanks,

Yeah we will be a block down from the Brush Creek. We will not be doing food. Strictly beer on tap and growlers. We will also have our kegs at some local bars in the area. We have to wait until the notice is approved first. The state app for wholesale sales requires a label application to be in with TTB. TTB requires a valid brewery license to apply for the label. So we are going to start with the manufacturers license and when the TTB and State are approved we will immediately apply for the label so we can start selling kegs.

This whole process is full of catch 22's

We submitted our TTB application yesterday. It is in the mail. The state app is going out today.

Back