A legality question!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homercidal said:
I believe this part refers to an individual who owns or operates a brewery and states that beer produced at the brewery may be brought home for personal use, as if the beer were produced in that home. It effectively considers 100 or 200 gallons of beer made at the brewer to be considered Homebrew as far as homebrewing laws permit.

The partnership referenced there simply means the people who operate the brewery business. It clearly states that except for the people I just mentioned, partnerships are prohibited.

Again, the law clearly states that homebrew must remain in the home except for those limited cases stated in 25.206. (Beer made under §25.205 may be removed from the premises where made for personal or family use including use at organized affairs, exhibitions or competitions such as homemaker's contests, tastings or judging. Beer removed under this section may not be sold or offered for sale.)

You may be right on the partnership part. The language is less than clear, but the location. I didn't see any location stipulated.

I always chuckle a little when these threads come up. Act according to your own moral compass!! Yes it is illegal but I don't think the government cares if you sell a little homebrew to friends. I have searched and searched for a case where a homebrewer was arrested/fined/cited for selling beer. So far I have come up with a big fat ZERO!! Just like for illegal drugs the cops/TTB/ABC would have to set up a "sting" operation. Honestly do you think they would ever do that to bust someone for selling homebrew to a friend?

Back