A lack of common sense

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brackbrew

Reaction score
During my last batch, the tubing on my immersion chiller lost its integrity and burst during cooling (just tasted that beer, though, and it rocks). So I spent $60 on the super chiller with garden hose fitting from NB, thinking it was going to be awesome. I washed it and sanitized it before use, and hooked it up to my old chiller, now being used as a pre-chiller, only to find the fittings leaking when I turned the water on. Let this be a lesson, ALWAYS TEST YOUR NEW TOYS BEFORE YOU USE THEM!

Resultant of all this were a myriad of little brewing quagmires (like teflon tape taking about a 3 second dunk the 200+ degree wort, dunking my while sabco keggle in cold water--god know what that did to the thermometer), leaving the beer cooling and slightly exposed longer than I had hoped. I forgoed the aeration and pitched my started as soon as the brew was in the carboy. There are definite signs of activity now, an hour later.

Hoping all turned out...this is the first of three batches for my wedding in July...

If you don't test it, it will fail the first time you use it.
If you do test it, it will fail right after the stores close for the weekend!

Back