A good starter kegging kit that can be expanded later?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-Bizzle

Reaction score
Hi guy.

I'm picking up a large chest freezer this weekend and am planning on using it as a homebrew keggerator.

Anyway I from my measurements it looks like it'd be able to easily hold 5 Cornis, CO2 tank, and even have space to spare.
The thing is I don't want to splurge right away on a 5 corni setup until I get the hang of kegging.

So I was wondering what would be some good starter kegging kits that I could expand from later on. I'm thinking something with 2 or 3 kegs and probably just the party nozzles or whatever they're called instead of real taps (just to get started).
I'm thinking about this kit from Keg Connection HK122S

That plus a temp controller and I should be good to go right?

The Keg Connection kit is surely a great start. Probably none of the pieces will be wasted later, even when you install the taps. Decently priced.

Not sure, if you saw the thread about the thermostat. In case you're still looking for one, have a look at this:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f41/affordable-freezer-conversion-thermostat-126489/
Also, these guys have the corny kegs for $25 - that's not bad!

Gives you twice the pressure control. One keg at 10 PSI for serving and one at 25 for a quick carb job. Add a manifold to each one & you can have X number of kegs at 10 and X at 30.

Yeah I actually just gave them a call and the guy was very helpful and explained it all quite clearly.
I'll definitely be ordering from them.

Back