A GFCI solution for existing non GFCI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cato1507

Reaction score
I brew in the garage and have a 240v 20amp table saw circuit. I had been using a induction burner, but making a switch to a Blichmann 10 gal 240v electric kettle and their Brew Commander controller.

I thought I'd have to get the electrician in to upgrade my circuit until I found these inline GFCI devices on Google and Amazon. At $87 it solves my concern.

Apparently contractors use these on portable jobsite generators and the company North Shore makes them for a variety of circuits and industrial applications.

I ordered mine with the ends unwired as I needed to put an L6-30 female on the load side going to the Brew Commander and then 6-20 240v plug for my table saw receptacle. Only took a couple of minutes to install each of those and test it. Now just waiting on my new setup to be delivered this Friday.

This solution might help one of you if you want to use an existing circuit for electric brewing that isn't currently gfci protected.
20191030_145647.jpg
20191030_145700.jpg

Back