A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this point in my life I just want to enjoy what's left of it is that so bad?

With ya brother. Too bad money usually helps with the 'enjoy' part. I keep pondering cashing in vacation for extra $$$. Another part thinks that's the dumbest thing ever...going with this part.

I hate you right now. But I did pick up a howler of Hubert for the Syracuse game.

you are welcome... :)

I take it they aren't crossing the divide in WY, but will bring it to CO. That is screwed up.

Keep saying 59 1/2 is it. That 11 years away...we'll see in 2027..

Looking at it that way makes yet seem so far away.... I keep saying when my daughter graduates high school. Which is 12 years away, also, but for some reason sounds more positive...

5.5 gallons on red rye honey saison and 5.5 gallons on red pale in fermenters.

More beer and firing up the grill.

View attachment 1459643417386.jpg

So the boys and I brought the dog down to the river for a walk today...#2 son wants to collect some river water for whatever deal he's got going on( I'm thinking that kid will cure cancer or end up in the pokey, could go either way)
Here's the sample....yeah, not looking good
:(
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1459643846.211563.jpg

Sorry to all those folks south of us

Feels good to be back home. A fairly straightforward game plan (cab to airport, direct flight home) went a little Murphy's Law and we got home about 4 hours late.

Going easy on the booze today, HB with Chinese takeout, now a little bit of bourbon.

If I stop all at once, I'm afraid the cumulative hangover might kill me. :tank:

View attachment 1459644471062.jpg

View attachment 1459644484379.jpg

Yes?

Actually, that Redbreast look unloved. Put a dent in that one.

That's the youngest of the lot. The Bowmore second.

I decided to go for The Macallan since there wasn't much left. Killed the bottle. It is, uh, stronger than most. I used a lot for Hot Scotchies, as I was never particularly wild about this one.

But I'll probably go to Redbreast next.

New mission: stay awake and conscious long enough to watch the Caps. Plus I've got practice in the morning so I can't go too crazy.

Who was saying Redbreast sells for $60/bottle (12 year)? It's on sale here for $42. Tempting. Very tempting.

That's the price at the ABC stores here. For $42 I'd clear them out (even it required aforementioned robbing of banking facilities or convenient "closings" of tunnels and/or bridges).

I think I paid around $50 for Redbreast at Total Wine.

I also picked up a bottle of Green Spot, just to see if it lives up to the hype (i.e., that you couldn't get it outside of Ireland until fairly recently). The first dram I sampled was pretty tasty, but it takes me a few more to get settled in to a new whiskey. ;)

I think I paid around $50 for Redbreast at Total Wine.

I also picked up a bottle of Green Spot, just to see if it lives up to the hype (i.e., that you couldn't get it outside of Ireland until fairly recently). The first dram I sampled was pretty tasty, but it takes me a few more to get settled in to a new whiskey. ;)

Need. It's cheaper than Redbreast. I am going to buy this.

I changed my mind again. After finishing this glass, I'm moving on the Laphroaig.

Just got back from taking the 5 yr old bowling for the first time. It was a blast and I enhanced the experience with a bud light and a yuengling I am. Cheap date tonight

I don't post in the Epic Meme thread, but I know many FF's do. I just saw the original get locked, and a second one open in response.

Gotcha, since this thread opened up, I am lucky to keep up with this one.

Went to grand opening of Bond Brothers Beer Company in Cary, NC...tried a Mandarin orange gose, a kettle soured, dry hopped beer, and a latte variant imperial stout. All were very good.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I had a Barley wine out of a redbull sized can and some homebrew.

How was that judging? I always wonder what that would be like... If I had to judge a bunch of **** beers or good beers. I'd think the **** would be easier to judge since they wouldn't be so similar.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I had a Barley wine out of a redbull sized can and some homebrew.

How was that judging? I always wonder what that would be like... If I had to judge a bunch of **** beers or good beers. I'd think the **** would be easier to judge since they wouldn't be so similar.

Same as always, a few real stinkers, a bunch of mediocre, and a smaller handful of good. We had an American IPA in the morning flight that was very tasty, but the English IPA that won the category (tasted it in mini-BOS) was a damned fine beer. Had a very well done 80/- in the afternoon win the Scottish/Irish category. Of course this comp used the 2008 guidelines for some reason. Shame for the person who entered a Brown IPA (but it wasn't well executed anyway).

The good beers are easy, the bad beers are easy (but it sucks having to fill a full scoresheet on a beer that's really bad). The mediocre ones are the challenging ones.

Latest posts

Back