A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Last edited:
Oh thank Ninkasi we have moved away from brussels sprouts. @bracconiere my dear, you know I platonically love you, but your food choices sometimes astound me.

*edit i've had a few homebrews since getting home from work, and the above sentence took WAY more backspacing than it should have.

Growing up with overly steamed Brussel sprouts does a bad justice on a wonderful vegetable. Once you learn the joys of carmelizing and searing them, your life has finally begun.

personally, i like them grilled....i have had them in bacon cream sauce that was scrumptious though!
I demand a recipe!

@bracconiere my dear, you know I platonically love you

i was just meditating on the same....hope the vibe comes through the ether...after brewing once a week for 20 years ~ i'd love having some broad, that still thinks it makes her cool! i assure you i'd patronize you to no end! not only that, if i need to change the brakes on the car or something.....maybe we'd swap brewing duties....but to me we're all just rando's on the internet! at least were not all crack heads on the street!

i weighed 260lbs when i had that! i don't remember....now i just give them a message in oil, cut in half, and toss on the grill pan... people call them all kinds of deragatory terms, but but grilled...i'd say mellow, and robust, deep flavor! :mug:
I don't mean to be an ass, but I've got that part down to a science. You had me at bacon cream sauce, and the wife and I were hoping for some details!

I don't mean to be an ass, but I've got that part down to a science. You had me at bacon cream sauce, and the wife and I were hoping for some details!

weighing 260lbs? lol

if i remember, from vague memory...render the bacon cuttings in a pan, then sautee brussel sprouts cut in half in fat, till golden, then add the cream. finish cooking while the cream thickens? some pepper, basicly a K.I.S.S. recipe......

edit: i mean, if you really want to make vegetables junk food.. there you go! you can always say it's keto, i guess!

weighing 260lbs? lol
Lol no, I've been 165 for 20 years despite my efforts at the gym and at the keg
if i remember, from vague memory...render the bacon cuttings in a pan, then sautee brussel sprouts cut in half in fat, till golden, then add the cream. finish cooking while the cream thickens? some pepper, basicly a K.I.S.S. recipe......

edit: i mean, if you really want to make vegetables junk food.. there you go! you can always say it's keto, i guess!
Thanks! That does sound simple enough. I wouldn't have thought to add cream to Brussel sprouts but I guess I know what I'm making this weekend!

Spent today brewing beer, cleaning the brewery, playing with new toys (brewery scale and BBQ injector), and reminiscing back to my teenage years when a day spent entirely on my bike, riding all over Renton, did not result in an extremely sore butt for days. We rode 44 miles yesterday on the new ebikes, ran both batteries down to almost nothing, could barely walk when done, but had a wonderful time. Have driven past the area east of Snoqualmie Pass many times over the years but it looks a lot different from the (hard as a rock) seat of a bike. Even saw that elusive wild animal, known as The Karen, who had some nasty comments on ebikes on the trail (they are allowed, we checked, and saw many others on our trek). We didn't hear the entire rant as we sped past at 15mph (safely, I might add).

Sadly, not yet. We're in the midst of packing for a move. So, we're trying to keep things pretty basic. I'll report from the new home in October, unless I can squeeze it in beforehand.

ahh, so you're looking at from the ashes of the old place, the sprouts of success will pop up! :mug:

For chew or cigars? I miss that hobby...
What took out the crops?

well all though i do like the burn and flavor of chewing green leaves....really i'm hoping to ditch the cigs for dry snuff again, so i could possibly win my independence...

and nothing took them out, i didn't even get them past tiny sprouts, kept spacing watering them...but now i have those things you stick in the pot that just drip as it dries out...think that's going to be the ticket for next year! and i hope all the spent grain i've been dumping in the garden bed will be good fertilizer for them...

What this thread needs, is an enema.

No, really, just wanted to bump it because this is one of my favorite threads on HBT. Today I brewed up a batch of Strata IPA, made a batch of hard seltzer, and tried my hand at pulled candy after 30 years of not making it. House has a delightful aroma of boiling wort, boiling sugar water, and more spearmint oil than should be legal. Now I'm here waiting for someone to amuse me. So??????

Having a few beers after working in the yard today. Well, maybe more than a few. ;)

Had to get some things prepped before the concrete contractor comes Wed to replace our old, busted up asphalt driveway with a new, bigger, concrete one.

Dug up and moved some irrigation heads and lines, dug up 2 large shrubs that will be in the way of the wider driveway to come. I'm saving a little $$ doing these things myself. What was I thinking?

I'm getting too old for this shiat.

That's my excitement for today. Now having some HB Festbier and Schwarzbier.

The whole site has toned down too much. Too many old timers chased away. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hey now, I resemble that remark! ;) But yeah, I've noticed some of those dynamics in recent years, and I've given HBT a hiatus from time to time when it gets too much. But I usually come back. Still some good peeps here.

Anyway, let's have a beer and try to revive this thread.

One thing I've noticed as I get older (mid-50's) is my hair is getting shorter with every cut. Today my gal took a LOT off, and I didn't mind one bit. A few years ago it was down almost to my butt; then I got a shorter cut, and it keeps getting shorter. Right now shorter than most men's haircuts. Also I don't mind coloring it beyond recognition, at home, as long as I don't ruin the 'good' towels. A case of hey, I'm (almost) an old fart, I can do what I want. Get offa my lawn!

During the pandemic I bought a Wahl hair clipper. Had my wife cut my hair with it.

Once.

It wasn't real terrible, just...kinda terrible. I looked like a Chia Pet on day 3. She had more of a problem with the cut than I did. I knew it would grow out in a couple weeks and no one would be the wiser. It did.

The clipper has been sitting on a shelf since.

SMH, y'all ain't doing it right.
I've been going to the same salon since 1976 and enjoy having non-judgmental young women "do me" every other month with no ramifications...

Cheers! 😁

Latest posts

Back