A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just watched a video of Myron Mixon making "Chicken Balls": boneless, skin-on chicken thighs that are seasoned with a rub, placed skin-side down in a muffin tin, then covered in an obscene amount of butter (enough to make Paula Deen something something) and smoked for a while, then flipped over and finished off so the skin can crisp. Eat as-is or smother in BBQ sauce. They looked REALLY good.

Just wanted y'all to know that.

I just watched a video of Myron Mixon making "Chicken Balls": boneless, skin-on chicken thighs that are seasoned with a rub, placed skin-side down in a muffin tin, then covered in an obscene amount of butter (enough to make Paula Deen something something) and smoked for a while, then flipped over and finished off so the skin can crisp. Eat as-is or smother in BBQ sauce. They looked REALLY good.

A+deja+vu+is+a+glitch+in+the+matrix+it+_d338b775a45d1ae8733e361e832d1fd0.gif

No, that's only Tap Rooms. I seem to be able to kill those just by making an appearance.

LOL :fro:

Anybody with Perlcik flow controls have issues with hop debris clogging the faucet?.. it's getting real annoying cleaning in between pours or waiting 1-2 minutes to pour a pint

Dial down the psi and open up the flow control?

Sorry still using a picnic tap. :cheers:

Dial down the psi and open up the flow control?

Sorry still using a picnic tap. :cheers:

Finally pouring properly! But thanks!

I did try that initially yet the debris would still build up, until I cranked up to 30PSI and blasted out a pint of gunk but that's what I get for a 6 oz dry hop and no cold crash.

View attachment 1476932521712.jpg

Yes thats it! Crank It Up and blast it out. Next time hop bag siphon bottom on massive dry hopped ipas.

Yes thats it! Crank It Up and blast it out. Next time hop bag siphon bottom on massive dry hopped ipas.

Used the racking port off a conical I'm thinking I can only use an inline filter from now on.. it did pour clear.. until my lapse in drunken judgement and about 10 seconds of trub went into the keg.

A reason why you dont even keg at 3am.

Jazzed! Bomb!-ish clone came out at 11.7%, highest ever. OG was 1.115.

Edit: Added some of the liquid left over from the french press with all the additives. Holy Flocc is this good! Coffee/spicy/bourbon/cocoa nibs all come through. Very little on vanilla bean tho. Looking forward to this guy!

Care to share a recipe :) I love Bomb! And I can imagine how good it is

Care to share a recipe :) I love Bomb! And I can imagine how good it is

This thread..
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=454661

My recipe for 2.75gal batch. Used 2pks Safeale05 tho. Strike 152F. Left dark grains out for 20min or so. Fyi, don't pay attention to Mash In volume. Did 4gal strike and 2gal sparge.

Brewed the grains, started fermentation, then 12hrs later re-oxygenated and added the 2lbs Dark DME.

Used Ezra Brooks bourbon (10oz) to soak everything for 5 days then added during kegging.

View attachment 1477006990869.jpg

View attachment 1477007001165.jpg

View attachment 1477007102676.jpg

Just Finnish-ed prepping 2 cases + o' bombers for a red rye ale for Saturday
passing a Jameson stout on 1.5 oz oak heavy char tomorrow. god i hate this
hobby ... ;)

This thread..
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=454661

My recipe for 2.75gal batch. Used 2pks Safeale05 tho. Strike 152F. Left dark grains out for 20min or so. Fyi, don't pay attention to Mash In volume. Did 4gal strike and 2gal sparge.

Brewed the grains, started fermentation, then 12hrs later re-oxygenated and added the 2lbs Dark DME.

Used Ezra Brooks bourbon (10oz) to soak everything for 5 days then added during kegging.

Thanks!! I'm gunna check that out most likely brew it and let it bulk age in a carboy I'll need to buy lol

Off topic!!!!! Reported!!!

Must only say what you are drinking. Other chit chat leads to ban hammers!!!

On Topic: I had a really friendly friend once remind me that chatting about random BS belonged elsewhere in a place known as neverland... I mean... Bourbon!!!

Jazzed! Bomb!-ish clone came out at 11.7%, highest ever. OG was 1.115.

Edit: Added some of the liquid left over from the french press with all the additives. Holy Flocc is this good! Coffee/spicy/bourbon/cocoa nibs all come through. Very little on vanilla bean tho. Looking forward to this guy!

Nice! Must report back when ready! [emoji482]

On Topic: I had a really friendly friend once remind me that chatting about random BS belonged elsewhere in a place known as neverland... I mean... Bourbon!!!

Oops, this was supposed to be dropped in another thread. Had too much bourbon that night. Sorry for disrupting he friendly thread.

Carry on.

Settle down, Woodpile...

:p

Think he was eyeballing someone's meat..

Comparing is in the works, maybe after 4 weeks or so.

Yeah, it's the only thing tapped..so trying to keep some for later. You know how that goes! 😀

Back