A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks drinkable. About 50 shades darker than your usual smash efforts though. Supitdat?

Mostly lighting, however, I did start with a little more water and boiled much more vigorously than normal... Was trying to get a nice Maillard reaction going to lend some color, instead of the sickly pale color like my other smash attempts.

QOTD: do you have any brewing goals and if so, what?

Mine: get the brewery and keezer set up in the new house and make a good NE style IPA.

I have 2. Fermentation chamber and get more kegs.

As far as my personal growth as a brewer, I think I'm right where I need to be for my experience level. So no lofty goals there.

Mine: get the brewery and keezer set up in the new house and make a good NE style IPA.

1. Get my kegerator set back up in the new house. It's just a lowly beer fridge right now.

2. Brew a batch in the new house. I haven't brewed since June and it's now...April? Dang.

3. Become the best Brewer in the world. Wait...I mean brew a good NE style IPA.

TL, DR: Ditto

Nice QOTD :D I have a lot... most of them would just happen if I didn't procrastinate and stress so much over brewing in general. I really want to get a pipeline going. When I drink at home, it's 1 beer a day (rare parties excluded) so I'm not just tearing through hb. For the most part, I make a beer and don't brew the next one until I'm out or near being out. I probably give away more hb than I drink myself. So that's the big one. Brew more. Get a pipeline going.

Short term: Get the keezer fixed up, get a few more kegs, design tap handles for the machine shop to make, brew a big beer.

QOTD: Get consistently good at it. I like 75% of what I've done, but my meh efforts, I feel, have been bad enough that I can blame myself. Oddly enough, my worst efforts have been other people's recipes, and my favorite is mine.

ferm chamber will be a big help I think, and I'm looking at either buying or building a stirplate.

QOTD: Yes. I want to get back to brewing again. I'm dying to have a steady work worth of home brews and so many different ideas...just no time to get anything done.

Just had a guy give me at least a 10 sec long handshake. Holy hell that was odd. Not even shaking, just held onto it tightly while we were talking. WTF

You brew?

Back in the day it was every other week. Now I have a kid in high school, one in 8th grade and a 2 year old, all of them with different commitments at different times, a wife with college courses and a job I'm out of the house for 10 hours a day. Sadly not enough time...with the oldest boy getting his license this year, I should have a little bit less going on and finally some me time.

Just had a guy give me at least a 10 sec long handshake. Holy hell that was odd. Not even shaking, just held onto it tightly while we were talking. WTF

Client or sales person?
I do that to some tight assed clients who think they know everything, just go let them know I am the captain now.

People that shake hands & hold on for too long? Look them square in the eye for 3-5 seconds, fart, and then exclaim loudly "WHAT DID YOU DO?"

They always stop after that. 100% effective.

Had a sample of that at the local bottle shop today. Loved it. Picked up 2 bombers. Was tempted to get more.

I like it a lot.

Say hi to the Zealots from me! :mug:

Matt mentioned your name in a conversation, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. There were many beers judged before that.

How long you in Austin for?

Was just for a couple days to help judge NHC first round. Left yesterday morning.

I'd be sacred.

That is quite sacred, you're right.

As usual, when someone gives me the awkward long-lasting handshake, I just try to make it extra awkward. It's easier. If they decide to hold on, I put my other hand on top or start leaning in, nod a few times while starting to close your eyes...

I have a friend that liked to linger except he didn't realize it. He hasn't done it again since our first kiss.

Did you linger?

Nah. Dude was talking about some dumb **** after hadn't seen him in a while, wouldn't let go, so I just leaned in for a kiss. Whatever. I'm crazy man.

giphy.gif

That is quite sacred, you're right.

As usual, when someone gives me the awkward long-lasting handshake, I just try to make it extra awkward. It's easier. If they decide to hold on, I put my other hand on top or start leaning in, nod a few times while starting to close your eyes...

I have a friend that liked to linger except he didn't realize it. He hasn't done it again since our first kiss.

Lol... going to let you guys in on a little trick that I've pulled on every vendor rep that has ever walked into my office (first time, anyway).

When they go in for a handshake, grab their four fingers tight, without going all the way in for it.

It renders their thumb useless and makes for a very feminine handshake on their end, and they know it. You can almost see the horror wash over their face.

People that shake hands & hold on for too long? Look them square in the eye for 3-5 seconds, fart, and then exclaim loudly "WHAT DID YOU DO?"

They always stop after that. 100% effective.

Or grip the hand tight, make direct eye contact and lick your lips slowly.

Trying to beat the rain for a quick run then an opening day party.

I was just trying to read your palm lines dude to see whats the deal with you and saisons

1. Build that one touch automated HERMS system running on an S7 PLC.

2. Brew a Flanders red. (Stupid Flanders...)

3 Finish the landscaping project and move my bar to its new location in the garden which has power, water and drainage so I can finally put a keggerator in there and throw some decent parties.

(OK 3 is more of a beer serving goal and not a brewing goal)

1. Build a BIAB cart. R&D Team at work is willing to draw up the plans and one of them wants to weld it up for practice. I figure what's the worst that could happen?

2. Maybe a new burner? Edelmetall or Blichman

3. Move to kegging and convert my ferm chamber freezer into a keezer with an upper chamber for fermenting.

Get my bar set-up in the basement so I can hook up the kegerator and drink from the keg. And brew the 2nd batch of my lambeec so I can actually blend it this fall and bottle this never-ending beer.

Water now. Sore as hell and tired of flooring - especially now that I'm in a space that isn't even remotely square.

Thanks to @TobyG being tardy to Austin. Experienced north Austin beer selections. 4th Tap then about 10 of those babies from Whole Foods.

It was a cruel joke from TX DOT working on I10 (they had I10 just before 71 down to one lane). I really liked that Mega Citrus One.

Catch up. Another TobyG hb..weizenbock??

80 Shilling Scottish. I opened the other bottle Friday night and it was off. Didn't taste anything like the cup Thursday night (I always pour a little in a glass or cup before bottling to make sure carb level and taste is right). Really perplexing.

All PKUed after judging NHC First Round in Austin this weekend. Many beers were scored. Some Excellent, some only mediocre. Now the waiting for verification begins.

DKP?

Donkey Kong Punches?

BTW, someone remind me to only post in here. I seem to get in trouble everywhere else on this site.

:(

Back