A couple questions about mypin t4 and pt 100 probe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evan5159

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392077369.880489.jpg

This is the diagram I based my wiring on. The difference is my pid is not the one on the diagram. My question lies not on the power side, but on the probe side. There are three wires on my probe. I put the like colored wires on pins 7&9 and the blue on 8. I can set my desired temp, but the probe temp is like -402 f. Wtf? Any ideas? Oh and the element does come on

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

View attachment 178569

This is the diagram I based my wiring on. The difference is my pid is not the one on the diagram. My question lies not on the power side, but on the probe side. There are three wires on my probe. I put the like colored wires on pins 7&9 and the blue on 8. I can set my desired temp, but the probe temp is like -402 f. Wtf? Any ideas? Oh and the element does come on

give me 30 minutes and I'll pull mine apart and check it.

I know very little about that PID but is there a chance you have it set for a thermocouple or something else and not a pt-100 probe?

Sent from my EVO using Home Brew mobile app

blue to 8 and jumped to 9 and the red to 7 and the other red to 10

the diagram you show is for auber, are you using a mypin, its different

On mine the red wire goes to pins 7&10 wired together with a jump wire and the blue wires go to 8 and 9... I have both the Ta7 and a TD4 series..

it was a little foggy for me too, I just completed it this weekend. i started with a k type and then purchased a ptd.

20140201_202226.jpg

20140201_202243.jpg

augidoggy is right, it seems the probes are from china and use different colors. just as long as 2 are the same. Hopefully

sorry evan you did state, i overlooked that
Do ou get how the 2 same colors are the B on the mypin manual and the A is the single color

That manual might as well have been in Chinese. I understood nothing. I got everything from here. Could you explain it like your explaining to an idiot. Because I might as well be lol.
My initial setup I tried a jumper from blue to read and my ssr blew up in my face. I went from 7 to 8 like I read and that's wrong so I'm a little Leary of it

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

thats alright

you have 2 RED wires and 1 Blue wire correct?
did you buy on amazon like mine?

take 1 of your RED wires and attach to 7
then take 2nd RED and attach to 10

then take the BLUE wire and attach to 8 with a scrap piece of wire from 8 to 9.

and as precaution unwire ssr for now and test with a multimeter or test light on # 3 and 4 after temp prob is working working

Yes I bought mine on amazon. Your setup looks like a pro version of mine

augidoggy is right, it seems the probes are from china and use different colors. just as long as 2 are the same. Hopefully
correct...one of my probes had 2 red and one blue I think and rwo other longer pt-100s that I bought were one blue and two red... I cant remember if I kept the colors in the same place or reversed them where they were color coded opposite but I dont think I did... the single oposite colored wire went to 7 and 10 from my recollection...But I could very well be remembering wrong...I checked my notes and diagram scribble and didnt open my panel tonight.

You guys are so awesome! Thanks for all the help. Will post an update tomorrow when I rewire this thing again.

is it just the screw, take it from 1 not in use.
possibly from 5 or 6 its for wiring a alarm, just temporarily.

Just connect to wires with the same color to 8 and 9 other and a third wire to 7. Jumper between 7 and 10 is not required.

One guy says jumper between 8$9 another says 7&10 I am doing it now before work. Which is it?

One guy says jumper between 8$9 another says 7&10 I am doing it now before work. Which is it?

8 and 9 get the two wires that are the same color and 7 gets the one wire thats a different color... the jumper should be ran from 7 to 10 but Brumateur is saying thats not needed so try it without or add it if you wish...I have the jumpers myself.

on the larger models like the ta7 the pins are different and 8 and 9 get jumped I think.

no take your blue and put it on 8 then use your red jumper put it from 8 to 9 the take your other red and put it in 10

put your other red on 7

That's what you said b4. But isn't that the same thing?

red on 7
red in 10
blue on 8
red jumper that you made on 8 to 9

if that explains easier

When I plug that **** in something smoked and blew the breaker

Same reading -402. It is on pt so wtf

Looks like your probe is broken or it's not a PT100. Try to disconnect it and measure resistance between wires. Red- any of bly should be around 100 Ohm. Blue- Blue should be close to 0.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392130277.139000.jpg

This is the reading I get when wired with previous photo. Jumper between 8&9 does not work! Blew breaker and smoke is it a programming thing?

I hold down on the set key until it changes form then I hit the send key again until the top reads INP in the bottom rings PT is that correct

Pwm, that is the wiring that blew the breaker. No I do not have a multimeter and I'm sure it is a pt 100 probe

Back