60 person welcome party - kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drocu

Reaction score
So I'm planning a welcome party for the day before my wedding and would like some advice/suggestions. The venue is 1.5 hrs away which is something that I have to keep in mind.

I would like to have 4 homebrews, a commercial keg, and potentially a keg of root beer on hand (although the difference in PSI may be a problem). Originally I was going to keg my beer, then bottle it from the keg to avoid a yeast layer. But after thinking it through, I may just try to serve everything on tap using picnic taps and keep the kegs on ice. In order to do this, I'll have to get some more gas and liquid disconnects, a 6-port CO2 manifold, some buckets for the kegs, a lot of beer line, and picnic taps. I have everything else.

I can also rent a 3 tap jockey box.

Is this a reasonable idea? What have other people done when serving a large party of people?

Jockey boxes all the way. I would rent that for your homebrew and then just have a normal pump tap on the commercial keg.

Back