6 Tap Igloo FRF1050 10.6 CU Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hater

Reaction score
I put this together starting with info i found on Homebrew Academy and modified it using info from the forums here, reddit and some other research.

Freezer: 10.6 cu Igloo FRF1050 chest freezer painted black with epoxy based appliance paint
Taps: 6 Perlick 630SS stainless faucets and shanks with 10' lines.
Collar: pine for inner frame, red oak for outer layer with miter cuts, espresso for stain, treated with semi-gloss urethane.
Temperature Control: ITC-1000 with probe immersed in 1 gallon jug.
Humidity Control: Wireless Mini Dehumidifer
Gas:10# CO2 tank, Taprite dual pressure CO2 regulator, 4-way CO2 manifold, 2-way CO2 manifold
Drip Trays 10" stainless held by 8 52NF disc magnets each
Display: 40" tv powered by a Raspberry Pi 2 and Raspberry Pints.

Photo Album: http://imgur.com/a/A5Evx#5UmnQNd

5UmnQNd.jpg"]

wMt5MHA.jpg"]

X5wdj9u.jpg"]

jUd3hs7.jpg

BvtjZyS.jpg

4itX9ug.jpg

CKmReyi.jpg

nfqHlbn.jpg

Q4YuhNo.jpg

RRbt1aj.jpg

NJJAtsO.jpg

hq2WTdy.jpg

ZFFkHdE.jpg

kaxT2Sy.jpg

wAUhbYJ.jpg

JUtlTO5.jpg

8aQ09YA.jpg

YI4bfks.jpg

maybe make those pics a little smaller?!
Damn, harsh...

hater - Awesome build! Excellent attention to detail. It's exactly what I would build if I could justify a 6 tap keezer. I'll stick with my 2 tap kegco for now but I'm bookmarking this for future reference. I would be proud to have this on display in my house.

Awesome build. Looks great. How long are you CO2 and liquid lines. I have the same size freezer and mine seem to be shorter? Thanks

Awesome build. Looks great. How long are you CO2 and liquid lines. I have the same size freezer and mine seem to be shorter? Thanks

Thanks!

The CO2 lines are 3' each and the beer lines are 10' each. I have the beer lines zip tied in a loop to make them a little more managable.

Very nice build.

Question -Why did you build the collar to be wider than the body of the keezer?

I have my inner collar done and am looking to finish it with red oak. I made the inner so that when it is finished with the red oak, the collar will be flush with the rest of the keezer on the outside. I am trying to decide if an adjustment is needed before I buy and cut the oak.

Thank you.

Very cool build! How do you like the temperature controller? I'm planning a keezer build and am yet to decide on the controller.

Love the build. Very professional looking setup. I had been wondering how I wanted to mount a fan without drilling into the keezer, and I don't know why it didn't come to me! L brackets into the collar! Thanks for the idea.

Yes, the length of the lines help one serve at the ideal pressure as that is a method of "tuning" fluid resistance.

Very nice build.

Question -Why did you build the collar to be wider than the body of the keezer?

I have my inner collar done and am looking to finish it with red oak. I made the inner so that when it is finished with the red oak, the collar will be flush with the rest of the keezer on the outside. I am trying to decide if an adjustment is needed before I buy and cut the oak.

Thank you.

Sorry for the late reply, I just realized all my emails from the list were ending up in my spam box.

The inner collar is flush with the freezer and is 8" high. The outer is 10" high so it hangs 2" over the freezer, this helps with the insulation but was mainly done to lock the collar in place so it doesnt move. I was very careful measuring and it locks into place perfect without any brackets.

Very cool build! How do you like the temperature controller? I'm planning a keezer build and am yet to decide on the controller.

Sorry for the late reply, I just realized all my emails from the list were ending up in my spam box.

I like it a lot, after some trial and error i found that immersing the probe in 1/2 a gallon of water is about the right volume so i get smooth temperature cycles. I am on for about 20 minutes every 4 hours.

So, what are the variables? I mean, are there ideal lengths for beer and gas lines ?

There are different opinions on this, but for a home setup the 10' lines seem perfect. I get next to no extra foam between the 10' lines and the recirculating fan along with good insulation.

I have the frf710 model. Just put the collar on a couple days and and dryfitted the lid, there is a hump on the lid that prevents the seal from being flush. Is this the same on your model?

Very nice build, I am very impressed with your efficient use of space. Is your collar double hinged (does it lift?) and if not how do you remove the keg that is immediately below your fan?

I have the frf710 model. Just put the collar on a couple days and and dryfitted the lid, there is a hump on the lid that prevents the seal from being flush. Is this the same on your model?

Nope the lid has the thick plastic/rubber seal, but no hump. Mine sits flush and has good seal.

Very nice build, I am very impressed with your efficient use of space. Is your collar double hinged (does it lift?) and if not how do you remove the keg that is immediately below your fan?

When i need to switch out that keg i do need to take the one in front of it out due to that fan.

[edit2 - gaah!] The lids all have auto/manual prvs, BUT the posts aren't on opposite sides, so they're pin locks with ball lock lids.

Cheers! (shouldn't have been that hard ;))

Thanks this same fridge is on Craigslist near me and I use pins. ;)

They are all pin locks with the lids replaced for pressure relief.

Pin locks are shorter but have a larger diameter than balls so it will fit 6 of either.

Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back