55gal fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawdanny

Reaction score
Ready to make some kombucha! ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393380063.643765.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Stainless steel in ok for kombucha

Wow that's beautiful!
let me add, GOOD stainless is fine for making kombucha. If you have cheapo stainless from China, you're taking a huge risk.
Consider, my pin lock Cornelius kegs are stainless, and they contained coca-cola syrup which is more acidic than my kombucha. There is a whole lot of anecdotal evidence floating around about kombucha. The more I brew KT and beer, the more BS I discover.

posted via Home Brew mobile app

That's a lot of 'booch!

If it's good quality stainless steel, then it should indeed be fine. The only thing that "worries" me is that the surface area is kind of small compared to the volume. Fermentation times will probably be pretty long!

It's a pretty big opening... I want to start to bottle and sell to friends for now.. Almost 2 feet wide opening

For the size of the thing, 2 feet is next to nothing: only about 2 square inches per gallon! That's definitely quite different from the surface area you would get in a gallon brew...

That's true but gotta wait and see then

Where did you buy it from/build it out of??
(with links/pics prefferably)
And what was your total cost?
TY

I hear that Italian made stainless is good stuff.

posted via Home Brew mobile app

looks like same fermenters…they say it takes 14-28 days….wondering about the CO2 they add…

how did your brew come out, rawdanny? Interested in brewing commercially…Anyone else doing large batches?

Last edited by a moderator:
That page is full of Japanese text and no pictures of anything. In fact, the entire site is the same.

At one time it showed italian made fermentors with prices.
They were hella expensive and probably sold so few of them that they went out of business. That might explain the website being taken over by somebody else.

I am also interested in large batches, so would be highly interested in hearing how you maintained temp. and how long it took to ferment this batch! I have a wine cellar, but its rather cool down there. Better use for storage, after bottling!

Back