• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

55 gallon stainless drums - Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunmetal

Reaction score
I know a place that has 55 gal. closed head stainless drums for sale for $55. He has quite a few, many have small dents, but I'm sure most will push out from the inside. He has a bunch so you might find some that have no dents. They are all stacked inside a storage shipping crate. They held dilimolene, which is a citrus based product. I am just passing along the deal - not interested in trying to make money off of this, so I will not ship.

Trying to do a little research on dilimolene, which is a Nonhalogenated solvent. Any ideas on the best way to clean these barrels to use them in a brewery setting?

I was doing some searches on d'limolene as well. I don't think it is dillutable in water unless you add a surfactant - i.e. a soap. So I don't know if simply boiling would remove it by itself. The d'limolene is real thick, almost like a syrup.

gunmetal, depending on the wife I might try and meet up on Monday. Going to the last Jackets game Saturday and got hotel for Sunday night also. I'm going to assume she will say no, but who knows maybe she will enjoy a trip to the salvage yard :)

Squeeky, I just p.m.'d you. I know the guy does not ship. He mainly deals in scrap metals. I posted this to give local guys a shot at a good deal... If I decide I'm up for it, I will let you know.

Gunmetal was very responsive to myself, only issue was cleaning. The citrus cleaner is listed as hazardous so I was concerned with cleaning. These are a great deal however!

If anyone decides they might be willing to ship one and wants to make a couple of bucks let me know. 30075

Back