525SS tension

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb1677

Reaction score
I tore down and cleaned my 525SS's last night, after assembly I had no leaks but the tap handles move so freely I am afraid they will just fall open. Before the cleaning they seems to have more resistance, not sure if this was just from crud or I reassembled incorrectly somehow. I tried tightening the bonnet nut all the way down but this seems to have no real affect on the open/close resistance. Am I missing something here?

Well, here's the exploded assembly diagram so you can check you didn't put an o-ring on the wrong side of something - although frankly I don't think you can actually mis-assemble one of these faucets unless you leave something out.

If you have the bonnet screwed all the way down and you're not getting leaks, I wouldn't worry about the feel. This faucet will actually have more problems with a "tight" faucet lever action than a "loose" one...

Cheers!

perlick_525ss_part.gif

Thanks - that's a great pic. Looks like I assembled right and there are no leaks - guess that's all that really matters!

Yup, a leak-free Perl is a happy Perl :)

I should note that the "A" version parts in the diagram are for the 575 "Creamer" version. You can convert any 525 to a 575 by swapping the faucet lever and cup. I actually bought a set to bring up my order of multiple lifetime supplies of 525 o-rings to the $25 minimum order (seriously, I still ended up with like a hundred freakin' o-rings - for six faucets :rolleyes: )

Cheers!

Back