• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

50 lb CO2 steel storage tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msa8967

mickaweapon
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a full 50 lb CO2 steel tank with a mounting bracket and chain to secure it in place. This weighs well over 100 lbs and is fully charged with CO2. Perfect for homebrewing/kegging or welding. I am looking for $175 for the tank and bracket/support. I have seen these listed on ebay for $175 without the mounting bracket so I think the price is very fair.

Tank is located in North Liberty Iowa (between Iowa City and Cedar Rapids). Due to its weight this will be need to be a local pick up.

1217011108.jpg

1217011109.jpg

1217011109a.jpg

I can't see the whole name( THE BALBACK...?) molded into the tank at the top below the valve, but most tanks like this have the gas suppliers name molded on and the tank remains their property. I had a tank like this and 2 gas suppliers refused to fill since it was marked with a different name.

this is a rented tank like above says if any tank has the/a gas company name embosed on the top ring its a rented tank

this is a rented tank like above says if any tank has the/a gas company name embosed on the top ring its a rented tank

You are correct sir, that is unless he has a bill of sale/ownership papers for a 50 lb. / 200 cf. cylinder.

Sometimes the guy on the dock @ the welding supply shop is not paying attention, I speak from experience, I once was "that guy on the dock" :D

I will call a local supplier to see if this tank can be refilled at all. It came from the collge where I work in a biology lab. The lab is being remodelled and I was told to make these thing go away since the tanks were not going to be used. Any money generated by the sale of the tank is going to go back to the scholarship fund at our school. The tank had been in the lab for the last 10 years so I doubt it is a rental but if it is then I will make sure that it gets returned to where it belongs. The person that had ordered this equipment now longer works at the college and no one was sure of where that tank was actually from.

Thanks for pointing this out that the tank might not be refillable. I would hate to sell it and have the new owner get screwed by not being able to refill the tank. Thus for now, let's consider the tank NOT for sale unless someone interested knows for certain that they could refill the tank.

Back