50 gallon mark

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firebat138

Reaction score
Well... we hit our 50th gallon last week so far... We kegged 15 gallons this weekend and then we did a batch of 60 minute IPA and an Indian Brown Ale. Found a sweet deal on a keg pot thingy... Will this insanity ever end. LOL

No it wont, but your equipment size will grow and so will your stockpile. So happy I upgraded to 15gallon batches.

I must be one of the few brewers who doesn't like doing 10 and 15 gallon batches. I have the equipment to do up to 10 gallons, or even more if the gravity is somewhat sane, but I really prefer doing smaller batches. I like variety and I like changing stuff up. I have three taps and sometimes it's all I can do to blow one of the kegs on my kegerator so I can switch it out for something different.

I must be one of the few brewers who doesn't like doing 10 and 15 gallon batches. I have the equipment to do up to 10 gallons, or even more if the gravity is somewhat sane, but I really prefer doing smaller batches. I like variety and I like changing stuff up. I have three taps and sometimes it's all I can do to blow one of the kegs on my kegerator so I can switch it out for something different.

Weirdboy, I feel exactly the same way. I can do 10 gallons on my system, but almost always do 5, unless I will be splitting the batch to do something unusual with half of it. I have a keezer and (2) kegerators and can have a max of 10 or 11 kegs on tap at once, but usually keep it to 8. (One of my kegerators is filled with bottles upstairs) Even with that many on tap, I often find myself up against the wall waiting to put something on tap until something kicks. I definitely like variety over quantity, and am always wanting to brew something else up, or make a change to a recipe I have on tap at the moment.

Get more kegs! I love changing things up with beer that is made and ready for the tap. You can never have enough kegs, and it is a wise investment. They will only go up! Fill your basement, fill your garage, but buy more kegs. (No I don't own stock in Cornelius.) :tank:

Get more kegs! I love changing things up with beer that is made and ready for the tap. You can never have enough kegs, and it is a wise investment. They will only go up! Fill your basement, fill your garage, but buy more kegs. (No I don't own stock in Cornelius.) :tank:

I have about 20 kegs now, so no problems there.

Hehe... exactly... I am not even sure I could do that if I tried... Of course the 50 gal mark is three people brewing and buying kits.... So I guess technically 600 gallons would be our mark. lol

Just don't post your 250 gallon mark. Remember 200 gallon max per year.

I can very much relate to this topic, my batch sizes keep growing and I find myself buying another bucket and CO2 lock every other week, I've taken over the spare bedroom with plans to build a brew room in the basement, buying ingredients in larger supply.. I'm fully on schedule to be kegging by the end of summer, we're looking into stock piling kegs now while their still semi cheap. My bud and I already have plans to convert a mini fridge into a beer tap.

I LOVE this hobby :D Best. Investment. Ever.

Heh, I'm up to 56 gallons so far this year, and I just started in January. Been a busy bee :)

Rev.

I'm up to 16 gallons split between three batches and ive only been brewing 2 weeks =] uggg need more kegs for more beer

25 Gallons so far this year and only 10 are left. Friends keep drinking me dry so I dont need to worry about kegs on hand I seem to get by with only 5.

I thought it was 100 gallons/person/year. Did it go up to 200 gals?

Sorry for the confusion on limits. I should have explained that I've been married for 38 years so I just look at the 200 gallon limit. If you have only 1 adult in your house then the limit is 100 gallon.

Latest posts

Back