5/8" SS Fender Washers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunchtime

Reaction score
Is there another option out there? I'm making my first Mash Tun and all of the material I find says they had to order it online because the big stores don't carry it. I would rather not pay for a pack of 10 and S+H if I can use an alternative.

Any thoughts, ideas?

Take one of your fittings with you and see if the big box store(s) has something that will work with it. Chances are rather slim that it will. Plus, the washers they do carry are, very often, about double the thickness of what we need/use.

BTW, you normally want the ID of the washer to be 7/8", not 5/8" (for 1/2" NPT fittings).

When I built mine, I found the washer at Ace Hardware. Is there one near you?

I couldn't find one either, so I used a nylon washer and an o-ring on the inside of the cooler and zinc plated on the outside of the cooler. Works well and doesn't leak. Good luck!

I ended up finding some in a pack of assorted what-nots. Spent a little more but easier and less expensive than ordering it online. Thanks for the replies.

Back