4th beer is a success!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zak

Reaction score
So after 3 less than good batches, I opened my first bottle from my 4th batch tonight. While it's not the greatest IPA in the world it's the best beer I've made to date and the first one I would say is presentable.

Congrats! What do you think made the difference? Change in your process, ingredients, kits, etc?

Best feeling in the world isn't it. I just cracked my best and it felt so good. congratulations and it only gets better from here i hope

Congrats! What do you think made the difference? Change in your process, ingredients, kits, etc?

Couple of changes that I made, started using a swamp cooler, used a recipe from LHBS, and about a week longer in bottles (4) than my previous beers.

I can see a swamp cooler being essential in Arizona. Last time I was there it was 99 outside at midnight! Here in Alaska not so much. Congrats on each step towards more success.

Zak said:
Couple of changes that I made, started using a swamp cooler, used a recipe from LHBS, and about a week longer in bottles (4) than my previous beers.

Back