4 year old carb tabs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WortHog1242

Reaction score
I have a sealed bag of Coopers carbonation tablets. Packaged in 2006. I was told they should still be ok to use. Thoughts? I'd hate to chuck em out, since I've got 2 bags of them.

Question 2.
Is 11.5 gms of yeast too much for a 2-3 gallon batch? I have a wheat and an Ale yeast, but am only brewing 2- 3 gallons of each. A wheat and a pale ale.

Thanks for any input and thoughts.

I have a sealed bag of Coopers carbonation tablets. Packaged in 2006. I was told they should still be ok to use. Thoughts? I'd hate to chuck em out, since I've got 2 bags of them.

Question 2.
Is 11.5 gms of yeast too much for a 2-3 gallon batch? I have a wheat and an Ale yeast, but am only brewing 2- 3 gallons of each. A wheat and a pale ale.

Thanks for any input and thoughts.

As long as they've been sealed, there should be no problem. Sugar lasts forever. If it will help assuage your fears; They've found jars of honey in the tombs of the pharoahs. This honey was thousands of years old. After being reconstituted, the honey was still perfectly edible. So a 2006 packaging date shouldn't be much of an issue. LOL!!!

carb tabs are just sugar. sugar doesn't go bad. as far as your yeast question goes it depends on what your OG for the batch is.

Is 11.5 gms of yeast too much for a 2-3 gallon batch? I have a wheat and an Ale yeast, but am only brewing 2- 3 gallons of each.
When I brew a batch in my MrBeer, I use the entire package of Nottingham or S-04, whatever. No problem at all.

Latest posts

Back