• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New Jersey 4 hop plants

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chingis74

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have decided to sell my hop plants. I dont have the time to tend to the any more with my job. They get over ran with bugs and I dont have to time to fight them right.

I have 2 4 year old cascade plants. At peak, I have grown them both over 15. I have 2 centennial plants. One is 4 years old and the other is 2 years old. The 4 year old plant is more of a bush then a grower. I use it to cut rhizomes off and transplant them to many plants. Several buddies have gotten rhizomes off my hop "bush" and have grown great plants. The 2 year plants is a transplant from the 4 year plant and it is doing great. One more year until it is mature.

These have been planted in big pots and they all thrive there. Have not had any issues. They get covered with mulch every winter and I always see them back the following spring.

I am asking $15 a plant. That will include the pot that they come in. The pots are drilled ready for string lines to train them on.

Located at the Joint Base McGuire Dix Lakehurst.

Pictures to come tomorrow when the sun is out.

Here is pictures of the plants. The japanese beetles have been eating them and I have tried fighting them. I am hoping someone will have better luck then me

IMG_4906.jpg

IMG_4907.jpg

I am down for $40 for everything. I dont want to just throw these away if someone will take care of them and actually harvest them. My first 3 years of the cascade, I got over a lb of dried hops out of them.

I have 4 that I am selling as well. 2 Magnum and 2 Cascade. I live in KOP, about 15-20 mins outside of Philly. Let me know if you are interested.

Back