3rd AG batch, lots of improvements

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oceantendency

Reaction score
3rd all grain batch, but 9th overall batch of brewing. 70% target was 1.062, I hit 1.066, hot diggity dog !!
6lbs Belgian 2-row
4lbs White Wheat
1lb Munich
8.1oz Special B
8.0oz Caravienne
24oz Honey
1.5oz Tettanger (60min)
.5oz Germ Hallertau (10min)
1.2oz Blood Orange peelings

5gal Strike water-> Single Temp @152* for 72 min, (tipped the Mash Tun at the end to get all extra water out)
3.5 gal Sparge water @170*, grain bed was 160* after stirring in feverously as instructed and then let sit for 20 min. (once again tipped the Mash Tun to get out as much water as possible)
90 min Boil, 25 min cool down with the wort chiller, aerate, 1st time using recycled/washed yeast (WLP 300), so far timing and details came out much better than last couple of all grain attempts, started foaming up at 3hrs, went to bed, really bubbling when I checked at 10th hour. Too bad I can't have a breakfast beer before work, I'm proud of myself !

Going to pitch some Vanilla extract at the end, any recommendations of how much to keep subtle for a balanced profile with the honey? I added about 20 oz @ 60, then 2 oz @ 10 min, and remainder at flameout.

Back