35 gallons on their way.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GryphonBrew

Reaction score
Successful brew day overall. Had my first boil over ever. Cranked the flame too high and walked away; even with Fermcap. Nothing major though.

image-909975184.jpg

I've done 2 in one day before. It took me 16 hour. One was a double decoction and my mash tun was realy crapy at the time. Dreadfully slow runoff. How did you do it did you mash and boil 2 or 3 at ones

uncommonsense said:
I've done 2 in one day before. It took me 16 hour. One was a double decoction and my mash tun was realy crapy at the time. Dreadfully slow runoff. How did you do it did you mash and boil 2 or 3 at ones

I would basically be working on 3 at the same time. One would be mashing, one boiling, one chilling in the bucket. Its non stop with sparging, transferring from boil kettle to bucket and whatnot. I get the first runnings in the boil kettle while sparging the 2nd and 3rd runnings. But it works out well to do it all in one day.

Disintegr8or said:
That's insane.

My OCD is kicking in and that 6th bucket is making me crazy. :D

Hahhahhhahaha! Yeah I noticed that too, but was too tired to give a flying fornication by that point.

Jealous of that. Seems like a lot of volume math, sparge timing, temperature monitoring, and boil additions to juggle. Are you the rain main of brewing? I'm going to go with definitely....

Xpertskir said:
Jealous of that. Seems like a lot of volume math, sparge timing, temperature monitoring, and boil additions to juggle. Are you the rain main of brewing? I'm going to go with definitely....

Hahhaah! Beer Smith "definitely" makes it easier.

Wow that's insane. You must have multiple boil pots. If I had more than one I might consider undertaking a day like this....invite friends over and pay them in beer! :) you'll have to tell me how you feel the next day!

chriscax said:
Wow that's insane. You must have multiple boil pots. If I had more than one I might consider undertaking a day like this....invite friends over and pay them in beer! :) you'll have to tell me how you feel the next day!

Nope just one 15 gallon boil pot. I have a few other pots that I use as HLTs but that's it. I usually feel like I worked out all day hauling all that water, wort an grain all over but it's worth it.

Wow... it makes my little 5 gallon batches every 5 weeks seem quite pitiful. I think I would be much more adventurous if I knew I was making 4-5 beers at a time. As it is...I can't afford to mess up or try something I might not like, since its my only beer for 5 weeks! Awesome job!

Mishraile said:
Wow... it makes my little 5 gallon batches every 5 weeks seem quite pitiful. I think I would be much more adventurous if I knew I was making 4-5 beers at a time. As it is...I can't afford to mess up or try something I might not like, since its my only beer for 5 weeks! Awesome job!

You're dead on. It's a lot easier to go for it. Plus I've got 11 taps to keep full so I need to have options in the pipeline.

FirstStateBrewer said:
Did you brew this much for any special occasion or just because this was the only time you had available to brew?

Special occasion was I only had 20 gallons in my pipeline. With a keezer that holds 55 that doesn't go too far. Plus I like doing big days like this. As someone already mentioned there's just one cleanup. I don't remember the last time I only did one batch.

Special occasion was I only had 20 gallons in my pipeline. With a keezer that holds 55 that doesn't go too far. Plus I like doing big days like this. As someone already mentioned there's just one cleanup. I don't remember the last time I only did one batch.

Only 20 gallons in your pipeline? I hope you have lots of help with your drinking! LOL! :mug:

FirstStateBrewer said:
Only 20 gallons in your pipeline? I hope you have lots of help with your drinking! LOL! :mug:

Hhhahahah! Yeah. Our house tends to be the place where we all hang out. Might have something to do with the beer.

Very nice man 6 new brews, and in one day. I did 20gal in 7 hours and 30 two weeks ago I have two more kegs to weld and then we will be able to do dual 10gal brews. We have done one Forty gal brew day and it is a really long day but month later and you forget all about it. Last week I had 65gal at my house in fermenters last week. Check out pics in the "let's see your full fermenters" thread in photo fourm

Primary
10gal Peat Wheat
5gal. Raspberry Honey cream ale
5gal Peach Honey cream Ale
5gal Barrel aged Imperial IPA
10gal Flanders Red
Secondary
10gal Honey Wheat
5gal French Saison
4gal Bourbon Barrel aged Black Imperial IPA
10gal Flanders Red
Keg
Bourbon Barrel Black Imperial IPA
Barrel aged HopSlap Imperial IPA
Honey Brown
HopSlap
For the kids In Keg
Grape Soda
Vinella cream soda
Root Beer

Darkness said:
Very nice man 6 new brews, and in one day. I did 20gal in 7 hours and 30 two weeks ago I have two more kegs to weld and then we will be able to do dual 10gal brews. We have done one Forty gal brew day and it is a really long day but month later and you forget all about it. Last week I had 65gal at my house in fermenters last week. Check out pics in the "let's see your full fermenters" thread in photo fourm

Primary
10gal Peat Wheat
10gal Flanders Red
Secondary
10gal Honey Wheat
5gal French Saison
10gal Flanders Red
Keg
Honey Brown
HopSlap
For the kids In Keg
Grape Soda
Vinella cream soda
Root Beer

Sexy ****.

I don't even know what I have in the ferm fridge or the kegorator. I have to open the damn doors and look at a business card of chicken scratch. I'm going to fire that brewer one of these days. That loser needs to label, bottle or keg this stuff and keep it organinzed! What is this, a circus?

Darkness said:

Primary
10gal Peat Wheat
10gal Flanders Red
Secondary
10gal Honey Wheat
5gal French Saison
10gal Flanders Red
Keg
Honey Brown
HopSlap
For the kids In Keg
Grape Soda
Vinella cream soda
Root Beer

Sexy ****.

onthekeg said:
I don't even know what I have in the ferm fridge or the kegorator. I have to open the damn doors and look at a business card of chicken scratch. I'm going to fire that brewer one of these days. That loser needs to label, bottle or keg this stuff and keep it organinzed! What is this, a circus?

Oh man that would be bad. I use blue painters tape on all my buckets and kegs. Makes life way easier.

IMG_0916.jpg

My wife and I have no kids. So when she come's into the brewery and I am sitting in front of my fermenters she asks how the kids are. I Love her!

Latest posts

Back