340 now down to 284.4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monty73741

Reaction score
I met some of you all from the site.

But about mid October I weight my self & i was 340.

Well I kicked my self in the ass

Cut by my calories on week days kickin ass at the gym

I;m down to 284.4

I thought i like to share.

great work, now go drink a home brew, wait.....on second though....ahh what the hell you have earned it!

i'm 5' 11" but i got wide azz shoulders, so the BMI is always off. I;m going to shoot for 260, then probally shoot for another 40lbs
got to set short term goals

i'm 5' 11" but i got wide azz shoulders, so the BMI is always off. I;m going to shoot for 260, then probally shoot for another 40lbs
got to set short term goals

BMI is a crock of ****. im obese according to bmi but most people dont think i weigh over 200lbs. it only looks at the two variables of height and weight, not an ideal way to tell if you are in a healthy range.

BMI is a crock of ****. im obese according to bmi but most people dont think i weigh over 200lbs. it only looks at the two variables of height and weight, not an ideal way to tell if you are in a healthy range.

True.

Way to go, Monty! More exercise and less beer (sorry). You can keep it up!

+1! It doesn't take into account different frame shapes or working out. I'm 5'9" and weigh 180lbs, it lists me as overweight. If you try to follow that you will end up anorexic.

Congrats!!!! I went form 220 to 180. It is crazy how addicting it becomes once you get on the health kick and begin to drop pounds and see the results. Personally I cut out all processed stuff and as much sugar as I can so I can drink more homebrews

doing good, i put on a few pounds over the last two months but this week my diet is back on and going in the right direction.

congrats on another 10lbs down!

Congrats!!!! I went form 220 to 180. It is crazy how addicting it becomes once you get on the health kick and begin to drop pounds and see the results. Personally I cut out all processed stuff and as much sugar as I can so I can drink more homebrews

That's the way to go. You just have to supplement your "diet" with a little bit of food ;)

What foods are y'all eating and not eating?

Exercise routine?

Being in my mid 30s and now working mainly in a control room (desk job) and some weeks not doing field work at all. I'm up to 220 at 5'7".

Just want to chime in that the BMI is bull$h!t... I'm 205 at 5'11 and it says I'm verging on obese. Not one person I know would consider me moderatly overweight, let alone obese. I have wide shoulders, chest and legs and carry a little bit of belly flub which I'm working at reducing (but also driving my weight up because I'm doing cardio and muscular fitness)

Congrats on lowering your weight, keep up the good work!

I met some of you all from the site.

But about mid October I weight my self & i was 340.

Well I kicked my self in the ass

Cut by my calories on week days kickin ass at the gym

I;m down to 284.4

I thought i like to share.

Great job, monty! You give fatties like me hope :mug:

I'm 5-8 or so, and pushing 230. All of the BMI scales say I'm obease. I beg to differ. I'm just thick, plain thick. I work out like a mofo, but I'm just not cut, and don't want to be!

Gooe fer yuh from going down fro 300, no way thats healthy unless you're over 7' tall.

What foods are y'all eating and not eating?

Exercise routine?

Being in my mid 30s and now working mainly in a control room (desk job) and some weeks not doing field work at all. I'm up to 220 at 5'7".

you know what foods are good and what are bad, so eat the good stuff and track your calories. diet is 90% of the battle, and im not saying diet as in go on a diet, you need to change your eating habits for life, not for a month or two.

i lift 4 days a week, different muscle group every day and do cardio 4+ times a week. I usually run at least 3 miles 3 or 4 times a week and then do some random cardio on the machines at the gym.

Excellent! I'm at the age where holding the line is good. I think if I spent more time brewing and less time sitting reading this forum I could lose a few.

I need to lose about 200 pounds. Maybe like 180. I have started working on it, but it is a long road, and beer is a horrible vice. Congrats on your loss though! that's awesome.

Get up, get moving. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, don't automatically get the first parking spot nearest the door. Leave 1 or 2 spoonfulls of food on each plate. Get the large fires instead of the supersize.

Portion control is a lot of it, but you'd be suprised how much exercise you can get by SMALL adjustments. I was a pudgy kid. I didn't really start "exercising" untill about 10 years ago. With some samll changes, and protion control, I was able to lose about 50 lbs in a little over a year, then I could really start execrising with out fear of a heart attack, and lost alomst 50 more lbs.

what helping me the most is I like exercise. I like anything physical. I like beer but like 6 will probably be the most i drink in one sitting. My gym is on my way home so it real easy to goto. I also have incorporated Wii boxing into my routine. with 1lb weights

Latest posts

Back