30A Breaker to 2 x 5500W Elements Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dedicatedx

Reaction score
Folks,

So I just want to clarify the correct wiring plan from a 30A Breaker to 2 x 5500W Elements.

Starting Point to End Point in Sequence:

30A Breaker in Main Panel
30A 3-Wire Cable
30A 3-Wire Receptacle
30A 3-Wire Plug
30A 3-Wire Receptacle in 50A Spa Panel
30A 4-Wire to 30A 4-Wire Receptacle in Spa Panel
30A 4-Wire Plug
30A 4-Wire Receptacle in Control Panel
30A 4-Wire to 2 x 30A receptacles using the standard P-J Diagram (via appropriate switches and contractors)
2 x 3-Wire 30A receptacles
2 x 3-Wire Plugs to 2 x 5500W Heating Elements.

Is this correct?

Thank you!

DCX

Looks good, but please keep in mine you can only run 1 element at a time. The switch that PJ recommended in my thread has been doing great.

Looks good, but please keep in mine you can only run 1 element at a time. The switch that PJ recommended in my thread has been doing great.

The DPDT Switch from the 4400W Diagram?

I am following your's and P-J's thread on your E-Brewing Setup.

I'm pretty sure I want to duplicate yours exactly.

Thank you!

Feel free to PM me any questions, I spent hours talking with PJ and would love to be able to return the favor to other brewers. There are a few things I would do differently, but most of that has to do with my enclosure setup and the components work just fine. I'm a believer in Electricity now after several brews in with the system. Granted Hank Hill might not like it, but no more propane or propane accessories :)

Sweet - Thank you!

This has been a dream of mine for 3 years now. My buddy is a distiller and carpenter. He's set up a room in his basement for us to do both. I'm calling it a Broozery.

We've got plumbing, electrical, sink, floor drain, and hopefully some refrigeration soon.

I did a Home Depot run yesterday based on your thread.

My buddy's neighbor is an electrician, so I don't have to worry about killing myself :)

I'll definitely be in touch.

DCX

Latest posts

Back