30 hour primary fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazarwolf

Reaction score
So I brewed an ez brew raspberry what Saturday morning. I pitched I on to the yeast cake and dregs from my hoppy wheat, which I had just racked to secondary.
I've never done this before, but after reading a lot about it on this forum I've decided to give it a try
I had crazy activity. by Saturday night I had crazy activity by Sunday night bubbles were down to about 1 bubble a minute as of this morning there doesn't seem to be any further activity.
should I be concerned or is this perfectly normal

That was a huge overpitch, so it's not surprising it finished so quickly. I've seen lower OG beers ferment out overnight before, without even being that overpitched, so I'm sure it's common if a beer is put onto an entire yeast cake.

64 f was the fermentation temp. Just wanted to try it, because I never have. It's getting racked onto raspberries, so that should mask anything too funky. Think in the future I'll just wash the yeast.

Latest posts

Back